Department of Library and Information Science
Anna University Regional Campus Library (AURCM-Library) is an eye opener of the wisdom of the user community. It provides the knowledge gaining opportunity for the academic institution and research activities. It has been creating the intellectuals and glowed minds of the institution. AURCM-Library has covered all the fields of every subject in Engineering, Science and Humanities and Management studies. Library has around 9900 Volumes covering the all the major fields of professional subjects. The library covers an area of 559 sq.meter in the first floor of the south side building of the campus. The library has the following facilities for the faculty and the students: Internet, reprography services, Library management software services and also Question bank facility are provided. Our Institution library has subscribed the most important and very useful databases like DELNET, IEEE, J-Gate for the benefit of student community. It includes the various type of the subject oriented collection of books and journals to satisfy the need of the students based on the collections from the various publications all over the world.
About the Library
The University Library, which has been established in the year 2010 is located at the south wing of the new campus building. The total area of the Library building is about 6018 sq.ft. Anna University, Regional Campus, Madurai Library (AURCM-Library) is a true reflection of culture of excellence for which India is well- known. The Library continue to march its mission of facilitating the creation of new knowledge through the collection, organization and dissemination of Information. It offers many knowledge-based services like Reference services, Resource sharing, Online journal service, Online Data Base, CD-ROM Databases, Internet browsing and e-services for its users.
The Library has Acquisition Section, Technical Section, Circulation Section, Reference Section, Periodical Section and Digital Library Section. The Reading Hall of Library can accommodate around 50 members at a time.
- To serve our users by providing Right information at the right time.
- Save the time of the users while accessing the library collections.
- To provide enrich knowledge with latest technology based services.
- The prime objective of the our library is to provide a wide range of current, accurate and authoritative information from a vast collection of print and electronic resources to foster scholarly education, research and informational needs of the users.
- Providing access to these records by organizing, cataloguing and Indexing them.
- Providing maximum, effective and fast retrieval of information through the computerization of the library services and operations.
- Sharing of these resources with a community of researchers and scholars.
- Sharing of these resources with a Society with good conduct and good discipline to make India occupy a prominent place of Nations.
- Circulation Services (Issue, Return, Renewal, Reservations, Reminders)
- Reference Services (Encyclopedia, Dictionary, Project Reports, University Question Papers, Manuals, Year Books)
- News clipping services
- Current Awareness service
- Lending service
- 24 x 7 High-speed Internet facility
- Reprography services
- Online journals are accessible through the following gateway within the Campus within the library.
- IEEE/IET Electronic Library (IEL) Online
Rules and Regulations
- Complete silence is to be observed in the Library.
- Use the Library resources and furniture with care to ensure longer life.
- Keep your personal belongings like bag, files, personal books, note books etc., at the property counter.
- For security reason any bags or cases you are carrying will be inspected when your leaving the library.
- Eatable items are not allowed inside the Library.
- Always wear your ID card and maintain proper dress code while entering the Library.
- Avoid using mobile inside in Library.
- Don’t move any furniture from its respective place.
- Users should leave the Books / Journals on the RACK / BOOK SELF after reading.
- Scribbling in the Library Books, Journals, other documents / Tables in any form including markingunderlining is strictly prohibited as it is considered as violation of Library rules and will lead toinitiate disciplinary action.
- Respect copyright codes of conduct
- Never hesitate to take the help of Library staff
- Switch off fans / lights when not in Use
Borrowing and Circulation Rules
- User should Register at the Counter before Borrowing.
- Books will be issued only on production of Identify Card
- Books borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
- Only one renewal can be done at any one time.
- Books will have to be physically presented for renewals.
- Books will only be renewed if there are no reservations.
- Users are requested to verify the Physical condition of the book before borrowing.
- For late return of books, overdue charges will be collected as per rules in force.
- Users are requested to collect the receipt for fine amount.